Class Variable Question

news.comm2000.it a at a
Tue Apr 10 13:33:34 EDT 2001

>Russell wrote:
> I'm not a big fan of prototyping for several reasons:
> - typos can cause the kind of damage you mentioned
> - it complicates type checking, implementation of safe interfaces, etc.

I'm feeling the way python handles classes as a natural consequence of his
not-typed-checked nature, so all the language seems 'more' coerent to his
filosofy, and so more 'natural' and, at the end, easier to use...
It is in the 'nature' of python that interface implementation must be
coerced more reading the interface documentation than writing coercion
code... but writing coercion code can still be done...

> My guess is that the reason Python uses prototyping is that it was
> simpler to implement the language that way.

I guess that the dynamic nature of python has leaded the language to his
natural actual implementation. If all, from the bases, is implemented with
dynamic-feature in mind, You can bet that implementing dynamic class object
was easier than implementing C++ style class...

Paolo Invernizzi
paoloinvernizzi at dmsware.com