list vs tuple

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Sun Apr 1 21:22:15 EDT 2001

Either he's a troll, or deadmeat hasn't learned yet that much of what he
learned in high school was "lies-to-children".

Deadmeat: most of what you learned about programming from the age of 7 is
quite simply bad habits which need to be broken. Almost all the programmers
I know can quite happily swap from one language to another with minimal time
to aclimatise to the idiosyncracies of each language. I myself have known
over 20 programming/scripting languages which were *not* one-off uses only,
quite a few of which I've forgotten now. And I'm only 27. I fully expect to
have a working knowledge of at least an additional 5 over the next couple of
years. Some will get used for one task, and then quickly discarded. Others,
such as Python, will quickly become an integral part of my toolset.

Tim Delaney
Avaya Australia
+61 2 9352 9079

All recipient(s) of this email have permission to forward or reply to this
email, quoting this email in full or in part.