big text strings

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Wed Apr 25 16:37:41 EDT 2001

"Darren New" <dnew at san.rr.com> wrote in message
news:3AE70316.DF945F1A at san.rr.com...
> Well, if you're more interested in the text game itself than you are in
> writing the text game interpreter, check out
> http://www.tela.bc.ca/tela/tads/ the text adventure system. Very nice.

We decided that we're not using a parser, so TADS offers no compelling
value, being built pretty much to handle parser-based text adventures.  Our
model is much closer to Choose Your Own Adventure, with some NPCs and state
tweaks.

--
Cheers,                                     www.3DProgrammer.com
Brandon Van Every                           Seattle, WA

For plot and pace, writers use words; game designers use numbers.
Anything understood over time has plot and pace.