Thoughts about ActiveState ActivePython 2.0 203?

Jon Parise jon at csh.rit.edu
Tue Apr 3 11:12:09 EDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 07:48:16AM -0600, bowman wrote:

> >  Thoughts about ActiveState ActivePython 2.0 203?
> >  Compared to what?  Anything.
>
> The documentation is a poor relative compared to AS Perl. On my machine, at
> least, nothing was installed in the Start menu, and the docs were separate
> help files in the various directories. iirc, previous builds did a much
> better install.

My installation of ActivePython 2.0 build 203 happily installed the
document as part of the "ActiveState ActivePython" program group.
I've found the Windows Help-style documentation quite good (easy to
search, anyway).  I haven't spent much time in the Win32-specific
documentation, however, not yet having a need for it.

--
Jon Parise (jon at csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology