Can't run "Python-2.1.exe" under NT...

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Fri Apr 20 16:56:39 EDT 2001

[Robin Dunn, on the Python-2.1.exe]
> I had troubles with it too.  On my Win2k system it crashed the
> 16-bit subsystem (don't remember the exact terms used in the error
> message) and even though I told it to restart no 16-bit apps would
> run until after I rebooted.

More info!  Pretend *you're* on the receiving end of a bug report here
<wink>.

Raw Win2K or with SP1?  Which flavor of Win2K (English, French, etc)?

Were you logged on to an Administrator account?  Restricted account?  Etc.

After you rebooted, did it work then?

How far in the installation process did it get before crashing?  Up until
that point, and assuming you got far enough that this question makes sense,
did you accept the defaults or change something?  If the latter, which and to
what?

etc-etc-etc-ly y'rs  - tim