Curl, the language/environment/markup language...(Spanish Civil War)...

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Apr 11 12:15:38 EDT 2001

"Fernando Rodríguez" wrote:

> Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote:
>
> > That is so retarded I actually had to check the page myself to make
> > sure
> > you weren't pulling a gag.  It really _does_ say that.
> > Unbelievable.
>
> Why do you think it's SO wrong?

It's a horribly bad idea if they actually expect the language to become
widely used commercially.  With such licensing they are guaranteed to
drive companies away from using it.  No one wants to start using a
for-the-Web language where they have to pay _per hit_.

/  \ Defeat is a school in which truth always grows strong.
\__/ Henry Ward Beecher
    Computer science / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/compsci/
 A computer science reference.