Reasoning on no __debug__ =1 ?

Ixokai news at myNOSPAM.org
Fri Apr 13 21:37:42 EDT 2001

    I'm just curious on the reasoning for it. I've done it in the past when
I wished to turn my debugging output on or off during the course of a
long-running program for .. debugging .. purposes. It's not a big deal, I'll
just 'if debug:' for now on in that situation... I just don't see the value
of not letting us override the -O flag if situation warrents... seems
unPythonic since Python has a tendency to let us do all sorts of absurd and
nasty things if we misbehave. *grin* *runs*

--Stephen
(replace 'NOSPAM' with 'seraph' to respond in email)