What can you do with python?

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Wed Apr 18 17:27:36 EDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 01:07:50PM -0400, Ice Cap wrote:
| Well I made small samples and they run in dos. But I was thinking thats how
| all python programs run, in dos. Can you make a gui for python porograms?

You can make many different kinds of guis.  Just to name a few :

    PyGTK
    wxPython
    PyQt
    Tkinter

Someone already posted a link to a list of gui toolkits available for
python.

Also, your comment sounds like you aren't very familiar with good
command line ('dos' in your words) tools.  I just want to let you know
that there are some very good tools that don't have any gui at all,
but I don't know of any that are natural on windows (cygwin not being
considered "natural" here).

-D