GetTickCount vs. clock for msec resolution

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Mon Apr 23 20:45:20 EDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:38:25 -0400, "Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com>
wrote:

>In any case, don't mistake resolution for accuracy.  You didn't ask about
>accuracy <0.5 wink>.

accuracy not an issue for me at all at this point on this project.

based on what i read on this thread, if accuracy or smaller resolution
were important to me, i'd put the timing junk and the serial reads
down in a C extension.

i am just about finished rewriting a C++ serial communications module,
for a test instrument i am working on, into Python code. its just
_incredible_ how much more understandable and sane the python code is
over the C++ stuff.  doing the re-write even helped me find bugs in
the C++ serial port code that were hard to track down before. so even
if i never use the Python version, it was still worth doing. virtual
fefactoring, i guess.

les schaffer