Didn't I see HTML embedded Python? (Not Zope?)

robin at illusionsexeculink.com robin at illusionsexeculink.com
Wed Apr 4 12:08:35 EDT 2001

Russell Turpin <rturpin at do.not.use> wrote:

>I seem to remember seeing something recently about support
>for HTML embedded Python. Not Zope, but something simpler.
>But I could be confused -- that corner of my cranium seems
>to have cobwebs. Can anyone give me a pointer?

If you have cobwebs you may need Wasp.

Wasp is an platform-independent open-source HTML preprocessor written
in Python which provides an organised way of designing and programming
a web application. Template files containing powerful Wasp tags may be
easily customized through plug-in Python modules.

It's just been updated with a cookie and session module, so you can
now easily write web apps that maintain state. I haven't got around to
announcing that yet, though I guess I just did. <grin>

Wasp is available at:
http://www.execulink.com/~robin/wasp/readme.html

Of course there are lots of alternatives since Python makes it
(relatively) easy to write such tools.

-----
robin                          robin at illusionsexeculink.com
media artist /                 remove illusions to reply
information architect          www.execulink.com/~robin/

Isolation tank paves way to execute an attack.