ANNOUNCE: saxogram - a vocabulary list generator

Matt Dunford kno at jtan.com
Mon Apr 16 12:26:35 EDT 2001

I thought I'd announce this just in case anyone out there is
interested.  I've written a little python script called saxogram which
generates vocabulary lists for foreign languages.  I find that it
helps me read online websites written in German.

You feed it some text, the program matches words to a dictionary and
spits out a list which you can use as a reference as you read.

So far, it supports German, Italian, and Latin.  It needs work, of
course.  It's a bit slow and lacks robust dictionaries.

A cvs'd version can found at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxogram/