ANNOUNCE: A *second* Python 2.1 release candidate!

John W. Baxter jwbaxter at olympus.net
Tue Apr 17 02:27:45 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.987401001.9705.python-list at python.org>, Tim Peters
<tim.one at home.com> wrote:

> If not, I don't buy that it's because you've
> been waiting since January to get Easter, Passover and taxes out of the way
> <wink>.

Tim leaves out the suicide of Emperor Otho  (69AD), and Wilber Wright's
birth (1867) and Charlie Chaplin's birth (1889).  And that's just
today's  (Apr 16) celebrations, yesterday (besides Easter) there was
the sinking of the Titanic to commemorate.  And before that MLK
birthday, and President's Day, and Mardi Gras, and so on, including the
April 2, 1502 death of Prince Arthur, son of Henry VII, which cleared
the way for Henry VIII later on.

It's a wonder any software testing ever gets done.  ;-)

  --John