Revised Python job survey

Don Dwiggins dwig at advancedmp.net
Mon Apr 30 17:36:51 EDT 2001

Joseph Santaniello writes:
> These are all good points, however management is already convinced of the
> technical suitability to our project. They also have a hunch that we're
> not kidding that Python is easy to learn. I was thinking of teaching the
> main person I need to convince as part of my argument! Their only issue is
> what happens if for some reason they get stuck holding the bag on a
> product written in Python and need to quickly get somebody to fix
> something that might get broken, and the 2 programmers who know Python
> have as they say "been hit by a bus."

For this purpose, it might be sufficient to demonstrate that there's good
consulting talent available on short notice (shouldn't be too hard to get
evidence for this -- there are probably many who'd take on a limited gig in
LA even though they wouldn't want to move here).

Regards,
--
Don Dwiggins                    "Solvitur Ambulando"
Advanced MP Technology
dwig at advancedmp.net