How to create 3 dimension array from 1 & 2 dimension array

Tawee Laoitichote astpspd at pea.or.th
Mon Apr 30 03:18:36 EDT 2001

Hi John,
(not dear john ;-))
I don't think you miss anything, maybe we look at the different sides of
a coin. State transition probabilities are a list of 2-d array or a
matrix which results from calculation of the probabilities from 1 state
to the others. If we have 4 states, say; 1,2,3,4 , then we have a chance
to go from state 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 to the other 3 states with different
probabities. It is an analytical tool used in decision making. Most
people make decision best on intuition. As I said the other dimension is
the time it takes in each transition. So, if you think about 3 periods
of time, yesterday, today and tomorrow you will get different
probabilities in each period. If this period is short say a millisecond
or less, then human can not take any notice. But, if the time is
extended then what will happen in the interval. My want is to keep these
probabilties in a file appending with new probabilties calculated for
new period. They say that, in long run the state transition probabilties
will not depend upon the initial states (the beginning ones). And
thinngs may be clear enough to make decision (with no longer waiting).

Tawee