Polygon Boolean Operations

zzzzz zzizz_ at notmail.com
Thu Apr 19 20:44:40 EDT 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:10:57 +0300, Niki Spahiev <spahievi at vega.bg>
wrote:

>16.4.2001, 06:33:08, zzzzz wrote:
>
>z> Has anyone ported Polygon boolean operations into Python?
>
>What libraries. I have boolonly 6 and PolyBool.

Do you have these in Python form, I'm new to the Python scene & have
not yet extended or embedded C++ code to Python? I'm good with C, and
I'm using Python to develop OOP skills, though I haven't taught myself
C++ objects yet.

Also, what sort of licences are involved, currently I'm writing an
application for personal use, however, in the (most likely far)
future, I might try to commercialize the program or make it available
as open source.

I have many (1000's) simple closed polygons made of lines and arc
segments that I need to join together to one large polygon. Can you
suggest one library over another?

Algorithm speed probably isn't a major consideration initially.

Sorry if message seems brief, just fitting it in between work!!

Regards,

zzzzz.