Thoughts about ActiveState ActivePython 2.0 203?

Mike mike at nospam.com
Thu Apr 5 13:26:15 EDT 2001

"bowman" <bowman at montana.com> wrote in message
news:3sky6.83$Mt5.1655 at newsfeed.slurp.net...

> "Dry Ice" <nomail at nomail.com> wrote in message
> news:3ac968c3$1_3 at news4.newsfeeds.com...
> >
> >  Thoughts about ActiveState ActivePython 2.0 203?
> >  Compared to what?  Anything.
>
> The documentation is a poor relative compared to AS Perl. On my machine,
at
> least, nothing was installed in the Start menu, and the docs were separate
> help files in the various directories. iirc, previous builds did a much
> better install.

I haven't spent much time with build 203 yet, but the previous AS build had
a nice documentation framework with an implementation that was less than
perfect. According to the 203 documentation, this is supposed to have been
improved.

The main problem I had was that some things weren't indexed, and for other
things there were multiple identical index entries, pointing to different
topics in the documentation. Finding the desired topic could be difficult.

Hopefully, that has improved in build 203.

-- Mike --