python, zope, UML .... ?

Alastair Burt burt at dfki.de
Thu Apr 26 14:45:34 EDT 2001

Are you guys discussing UML, Python and Zope aware of Phillip J. Eby's
TransWarp ideas[1]?  I have no idea how far this is progressing, but I
quote the Vision Statement:

"""
    TransWarp is a general purpose Aspect-Oriented Programming, Generative
    Programming, and CASE toolkit for Python. Its goals are to make
    developing applications as simple as 1-2-3:

      1.Draw UML diagrams in the XMI-compatible tool of your choice.

      2.Write domain-specific logic, as needed.

      3.Plug in off-the-shelf (but customizable) "horizontal frameworks"
      such as UI, data storage, testing code, security management, etc.

  The Software

    Frameworks to be Included:

      MOF-like and XMI-compatible metadata management

      Tools for the "CORE+" object-relational mapping patterns

      DDL generation for Sybase, PostgreSQL, Firebird, Oracle, ...?
      (contributed drivers accepted)

      Web-based and other UI environment libraries (e.g. wxPython GUI)
"""

--- Alastair

Footnotes:
[1]  http://dev.zope.org/Members/pje/Wikis/TransWarp/HomePage