Chocolate [was Re: Python Books for 2002]

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Apr 10 05:56:24 EDT 2001

Steve Holden wrote:

> One thing I *don't* understand is how come the stuff Hershey and similar
> companies sell is even allowed to be called chocolate. One of the nastier
> surprises about moving to the USA was the discovery that many items sold
> under the Cadbury label are actually manufactured under license by Hershey,
> and all they seem to have in common is the name, the shape and the
> packaging.

During my first trip to the U.S. I experienced that eating something
called "Lindt" had absolutely nothing to do with chocolate made by
the swiss company Lindt.

> Oh, sorry, you were talking about *high-quality* chocolate. There's some
> pretty good Belgian stuff in my local Whole Foods store.

I prefer the swiss stuff. :-)

But for preventing the U.S. being called completely
chocolate-ignorant I have to tell you about this Cafe in NYC which
is famous for their cake called "death by chocolate"...

Ciao, Michael.