CRACKER, the premier code obfuscation utility for Python... (WAS: RE: POLLY: An IDE for Parrot)

nomad nomad*** at ***freemail.absa.co.za
Fri Apr 6 09:40:23 EDT 2001

On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 09:19:03 GMT, nomad***@***freemail.absa.co.za
(nomad) wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:27:41 +0100, Andy Robinson <andy at reportlab.com>
>wrote:

>>>I always thought Platypus was fairly good - a totally different
>>>animal, even as animals go....
>>
>>Sorry, it's taken.  ReportLab has a subpackage
>>"Page LAyout and TYPography Using Scripts" (PLATYPUS)
>>and if anyone puts that on a book cover before us, we'll
>>send round some wide boys from the east end of London.
>>Much cheaper than patent lawyers :-)
>>
>>Andy Robinson, ReportLab
>I might be wrong, but I think O'Reilly have already put one on a book
>cover.  Wiff those east-enders going over, I wouldn't want to be in
>O'Reilly's shoes...<grin>
>
>Just thought I should let you know
As a further note, Platypus is also, and I quote:

"PLATYPUS is a Microsoft windows-based program for managing taxonomic,
geographic, ecological and bibliographic information"

and for those that are Biologically inclined, or just curious, it can
be found at:

http://environment.gov.au/abrs/platypus.html

Later.