Embedding Python w/ Borland C++ 5.5

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Wed Apr 11 10:19:46 EDT 2001

At 18:50 07/04/01 +0400, mik at geosys.ru wrote:
>07.04.01 14:46:33, "Gregg T. Geiger" <gt.geiger at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >Is anybody familiar w/ the specifics of how to embed Python (say 2.0) using
> >the Borland compiler?  I understand there may be a leading underscore issue
> >associated with the Python names designed to work w/ MS Visual
> C++.Hello, Gregg!
>
>All the information I could find on the Net was related to building Python
>extensions with Borland C++ compilers not embedding Python into Borland
>C++ projects. Though I have lost the exact link (most probably, try to
>search mail list archives), I here attach a zip-ped archive of the most
>comprehensive guide I have found. It also include a pre-built Borland
>import library for the MSVC-compiled Python 1.52. You can also generate it for
>any version by hand:    > coff2omf -lib:ms pythonXX.lib pythonXX_bcc32.lib

There is a link that I have sent yesterday to the list, and I'm repeating
it here on the chance that you guys missed it. There is Python for Delphi
project, that also happens to support C++ Builder. Check it at
http://www.multimania.com/marat/delphi/python.htm. Disclaimer: I began
evaluating it yesterday, so it's too soon for me to tell you exactly how
good it is. But at least it's said to support C++ Builder, and that may
help you.

Carlos Ribeiro