why python annoys me

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Wed Apr 18 21:48:29 EDT 2001

Jaap Spies <j.spies at hccnet.nl> wrote:
> Luke wrote:
> > Python gives too many ways of doing it.
>
> Python does not force you in one way thinking. I appreciate that.

Oops.  I heard somewhere that this is actually Perl's forte, whereas
Python's motto is (AFAIK) "There should be _one_ and _only_ one reasonable
way..."

To thread en masse:

But does it matter anyway?  The OP needs to find his own niche in (or
apart from) the programming world.  A person cannot be made to
appreciate Python anymore than I can convince a person against his will
that Perl actually has valuable traits.  ;)

--
-Tim Hammerquist <timmy at cpan.org>
Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable...