how to avoid importing the same module more than once?

Ixokai noone at nowhere.org
Tue Apr 10 04:11:48 EDT 2001

When Python encounters 'import foo', it first checks in sys.modules to see
if 'foo' has already been imported. If so, it basically just does the
following:

foo = sys.modules['foo']

You have to do that anyways, so that you'll have 'foo' to access in your
module... so there really is no problem with importing a module more
then once, the work only gets done once, and every other occassion
is just binding a name to the already loaded module.

--Stephen
(replace NOSPAM with 'seraph' to respond via email)

_