Newbie needs book advice

Christopher W. Boerger cdboerger at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 15 09:31:59 EDT 2001

Thank you all for the advice.  I can't believe how responsive this
community is!

I've decided on a book but it wasn't any of the ones I previously
decided on :^)  Upon the advice of some that responded to my post, I
checked out Core Python Programming by Wesley J. Chun.  Amazon.com had a
nice page about the book and it seemed to be a perfect fit.

Ultimately, after I learn how to use Python well, I hope to create a
free astronomical ephemeris program.  When I get to those inevitable
stumbling blocks this is one of the places I will seek out first.

Thank you again for all of your advice.

95% of all people surveyed believe they have above-average intelligence