Conditional operator in Python?

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Thu Apr 5 23:31:58 EDT 2001

Tim wrote:
>hard-to-believe-that-semantically-significant-leading-zeroes-
>    ever-seemed-like-"a-good-idea"-to-anyone-ly y'rs  - tim

I do remember a letter to the editor in CACM a few
years ago complaining about all the CS oriented computer
science languages which didn't have a very useful
feature in COBOL - a data type which understood that
leading zeros are important for identifier numbers.
Eg, 04/03/01 as a date or 001-453-23264 as a part
number.

But that's neither here nor there, and since the thread
in CACM went nowhere over several months of agumentative
debate, perhaps I shouldn't have brought it up here.

So, umm, what do you think of Riemann-Stiljes integration
as it pertains to mark&sweep garbage collection of boxed
integers?  How does that compare to Knuth's view?  And
what if the cosmological constant is positive?

(Phew - swerved that conversation just in time!)

                    Andrew
                    dalke at acm.org