ActiveState going the wrong way

Steve Lamb grey at despair.rpglink.com
Tue Apr 10 13:38:07 EDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 01:03:49 GMT, Costas Menico <costas at meezon.com> wrote:
>Also the idea of a multiprogramming environment is just a dream. No
>one is going to program in Python and Perl at the same time. Most
>people choose a language and stay with it.

    In what dream world do you live in?  At work I program in Perl, at home I
program in Python.  My boss wants me to learn C.  1.5 cubicles away they are
demonstrating a new product written in Java and I used to be a part of that
group before I extracted myself from its grasp.  That means that in my very
limited experience I've come into contact with four languages and I don't have
the option to choose the on eI want (Python) and stick with it.