ActivePython 2.1 (build 210)

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Thu Apr 19 22:10:05 EDT 2001

Bjorn Pettersen wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> First, thanks for putting this together (it's amazing how much easier it is
> to get someone to install Python when they don't have to separately install
> the win32 extensions :-)

That's what we have found too. Now that Tk is in there also it is a
really convenient package.

> Second, I must apologize for what is probably a stupid question.... You
> mention a rebuilt package repository with Numeric etc., but I can't find
> them. I have a downloads directory with Insall.Numeric and Install.PIL files
> but they only contain an empty string ('').

It's not a stupid question. ActivePython has a feature that other
distributions of Python do not. It allows you to install packages over
the Internet. It is in the start menu and called "Package Manager". And
of course the equivalent is available for our Unix distributions through
the command line: "pyppm".

--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.