Python IMAP Server Code?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Apr 27 15:36:48 EDT 2001

"Neil Schemenauer" <nas at python.ca> wrote in message
> Steve  Holden wrote:
> > Does anybody have any IMAP server code I could lift?
>
> I can't point you to any code but I've looked into this at one
> time.  The IMAP protocal is a complicated beast.  Most of the
> clients and servers I've looked at have been quite badly
> implemented (probably because the protocal is so complex).  If
> you implement a server following the spec I would bet that many
> clients would not work properly with it.

Thanks. I was a little deterred by the protocol specs myself, but at the
time it was starting to look like the only easy (?) way to interface Outlook
Express mai folders. Still might be easier than a plethora of mailbox import
routines, but some of those are already available in the mailbox module.

Thanks to an earlier response I now have Python code which will dump these
in RFC 822 format, so it looks like I'll be reprieved.

Once the Python code is cleaned up a little I'll be releasing it to the
public domain. Might take a while, as other projects are currently more
pressing.

regards
 Steve