Tkinter and wxPython

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Thu Apr 19 18:36:53 EDT 2001

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 03:08:03PM -0700, Timothy Grant wrote:
| Tkinter
| -------
| wxPython
| --------

I don't really care for the Look and Feel of Tk's widgets.  I think
wxPython looks quite nice though.  I'm not sure if I really like it's
layout mechanism,  it seems similar to Java's AWT layout managers
which don't seem to work well for me.  I don't have a whole lot of
experience with it though (and none with Tkinter).

Personally I like GTK+ the best, and it does work on *nix and Windows.
I've used the Gimp for windows a fair amount, but haven't tested out
the Python bindings yet.  I used Gtk-- (the C++ bindings) for a school
project and found it to be really easy to figure out.  The
documentation is a bit sparse, but the mailing lists are helpful.

-D