Type Object of wxPython Control

Robin Dunn robin at stop.spam.alldunn.com
Mon Apr 23 14:41:31 EDT 2001

>     but the "print type(object)" give type-instance and i want it to tell
me
> it is "wxStaticBox" or "wxWindows" or "wxButton"...how can i do that ?

Normally you would do object.__class__.__name__ but currently in wxPython
that will give you "wxWindow" because of the way SWIG is wrapping a new
shadow object around the C++ pointer. I expect to have either a workaround
or an actuall fix in place for the first or second 2.3.x release.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman