Python Books for 2002

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 10:33:59 EDT 2001

"Cameron Laird" <claird at starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message
news:11A279245FF128F8.7A0E8AF314DD0135.E3C0007C3BD57C8C at lp.airnews.net...
    [snip]
> fact, I've been fond of C++ at several times, and still
> use it frequently--but anything (like children's
> organized sports in the USA, certain religions, and
> Kashmiri cartography) that inspires such violent clashes
> makes me wonder whether a better approach isn't overdue.

I'm appalled at such flame-shy criteria.  Probably the
most violent recurring clashes I have with my girlfriend
are about varieties of chocolate -- would this stance
imply that something *better than chocolate* is overdue?
(I think the part between the stars is an oxymoron...).

> The complementary point I also recognize, of course:
> C++ is about such important things that it's *worth*
> starting a fight.

Now THAT is better -- chocolate IS worth starting a
fight.  (Would you BELIEVE that some bedraggled purists
don't UNDERSTAND white chocolate and claim it's heretic,
and on the other side some floopy milksops can't stand
90%-pure-cocoa superblack chocolate and claim its taste
is [you won't believe this!] _too harsh_...?!  Ah, us
sensible moderate types [deliriously loving ALL varieties
of high-quality chocolate -- each in its proper place and
time, of course!] really lead a hard life...!).

Alex