MSDOS Python

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Wed Apr 18 16:18:32 EDT 2001

michael.adler at ohnesorge-co.de wrote:

> Hello all together,
> is there anybody who tried something like that:
>
> -Boot from MSDOS floppy.
> -Start a stripped version of Python (contained on floppy)
> -Download a HTML page from a URL (via modules like URLLIB, URLPARSE, etc.)
>
> One problem I investigated is, that the Python for DOS Version (Python 1.52)
> used runs under MSDOS-protected mode, but the socket libraries of
> MS-Network-Client 3.0 are running under MSDOS-real mode.
>
> I'd appreciate very much any suggestions.

Wha about using a real operating system :-)

http://www.cyncore.com/spyLinux.html

Quote from the page:
"spyLinux is (s)mall (py)thon (Linux).  It's a single disk distribution
of
Linux which contains some basic utilities, networking, vi, and the
python
interpreter ( minus Tkinter )."

It's based on a Linux 2.0 kernel and Python 1.5.2. I have tried it for
something else (creating my own rescue system). I think you might have
more luck with this.

Gerhard
--
Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.
contact: g e r h a r d @ b i g f o o t . d e