Musing out loud... [Why not Smalltalk?]

Eric Langjahr langjahr at itsdata.com
Sat Apr 14 19:02:03 EDT 2001

I'm not sure you info on 'hotspot' is totally correct.  If I recall
there was another company working on this vm called Anamorphic, I
think.

At any rate I think the initial plans were for this vm technology to
be used in smalltalk implementations.

Sun bought the company and the technology was morphed to be used in
the java vm.