[ANNOUNCE] Python Alternative Readline for Windows

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Sun Apr 29 01:01:24 EDT 2001

I have written and released an alternative readline module for Windows.
The distribution includes a binary for 2.0 (as that's what I use); the
readline module is pure Python (using only standard library modules)
except that the installer needs a DLL.

I borrowed a section of code from the effbot's _wincon.c file for the
readline installer (_rlsetup.pyd), but the readline.py file is fully my
work.

I am using this code now; it has history and line editing but no completer
(yet) and it gets real stupid if you run past the right side of the screen.