New Python RPMs

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Apr 21 13:02:39 EDT 2001

Through a quirk in RPM, the 2.1-2 RPMs still had pymalloc enabled.  I've
added some work-arounds to resolve this.  Thanks to Ron Bickers for
pointing it out (and to Kevin Fenzi for the GHz Athlon box on which I did a
few dozen builds to come up with the work-around ;-).

Also new in this version is the "tools" sub-package, including the contents
of the "Tools" directory.  Unfortunately, IDLE isn't yet working in this
RPM.  Thanks to Jason R. Mastaler for this suggestion.

You can find the SRPM at:

   ftp://ftp.tummy.com/tummy/RPMS/SRPMS/python2-2.1-3.src.rpm

And binaries for RedHat/KRUD 7.0 at:

   ftp://ftp.tummy.com/tummy/RPMS/binaries-KRUD-7.0-i386/

where you'll find the packages:

   python2-2.1-3.i386.rpm
   python2-devel-2.1-3.i386.rpm
   python2-tkinter-2.1-3.i386.rpm
   python2-tools-2.1-3.i386.rpm

NOTE: There are also "python-*" versions of these packages, which are
configured to install "/usr/bin/python" instead of "/usr/bin/python2".
Only pick up one of the "python2-*" or "python-*" package sets.

Sean
--
 moshez is not afraid of commitment.  "Yes, honey, I'm ready for commitment.
 Why, I commit to numerous CVS projects"