why python annoys me

James Logajan JamesL at Lugoj.Com
Tue Apr 17 18:47:47 EDT 2001

Luke wrote:
> Furthermore, the syntax and features of the language keep changing with
> every release.

That is almost tautological; a new release of a language doesn't normally
add libraries or modules, it normally means the syntax or semantics have
changed somewhere (excepting minor releases intended to fix bugs).

If your objection is that there are too many releases of the language, then
I would agree completely. Guido and the entire Python development team need
to take a five year vacation. Releasing new versions more often than about
every two years, except for bug fixes, is probably self destructive.

As to the other points, I can not say. I do prefer Python over Java, but if
I need speedy execution then I code in C or even C++.