[Python-Dev] Re: Class Methods

Donald Beaudry donb at abinitio.com
Fri Apr 20 14:07:09 EDT 2001

"Thomas Heller" <thomas.heller at ion-tof.com> wrote,
> There are some signs :-) that Python's object
> model is going to be revised even _before_
> Python 3000.
>
> Is someone willing to join me fighting
> for class methods (I mean 'real' class-methods
> in the Smalltalk style here, _not_ static
> methods like in Java or C++).

A couple of years ago I did this as an extension module.  It might
still be around (I still use it).  Take a look for something called
objectmodule.  It's actually a mechanism for implementing different
object models from within python.  Beware, class methods are just part
of what it is capable of.

--
Donald Beaudry                                     Ab Initio Software Corp.
                                                   201 Spring Street