Functional Programming in Python

David Mertz spam at gnosis.cx
Thu Apr 5 02:21:20 EDT 2001

Warning: Shameless self promotion follows --

Doug Fort wrote:
> After reading obscure comments on comp.lang.python I got a couple of books on
> Haskell.  Very interesting, but heavy going for an ancient procedural
> programmer.  There's a nice 'Charming Python' article on 'Functional
> Programming in Python' by Dr. Mertz, but I think the subject could support a
> full length book.

I appreciate Doug Fort's kind mention of my article, and thought I might
provide a URL for readers.  I had made this article available somewhat
prematurely on my own website (which readers are welcomed to look at for
a number of related artices: http://gnosis.cx/publish/tech_index.html),
but it has now appeared officially at IBM developerWorks now:

  http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-prog.html

Unfortunately, IBM has attached a strangely meaningless description to
the column on the Linux Zone directory; so I fear the topic may be
overlooked by readers who would otherwise be interested.

Btw. A followup to this article has been written, and will hopefully
appear on IBM sooner rather than later (I'll give the secret URL to
anyone who emails me, but should not "officially" publish before IBM
does).

All the best, David...