[ANNOUNCE] Umbra role-playing game 0.2 pre-alpha

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Mon Apr 16 23:14:32 EDT 2001

  Umbra is a computer role-playing game written in Python, similar to
Alternate Reality and Bard's Tale, with influences from roguelike games
and console RPGs, and set in a universe of Lovecraftian elder gods.

  Umbra features random generation of a huge game world, 3-D graphics
(well, sorta; don't laugh unless you can do better!  I can do better, so
I can laugh at my own...), and not a lot else yet.

<http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/~kamikaze/Umbra.html>

  Right now, I mostly just want feedback on performance and the
interface, if it works on your machine, if I'm completely insane to be
writing a game like this in Python, why there are two Arthurian items in
the town for testing (and there may be a Grail somewhere!), or whatever.

  I'll likely go open source with it once it's a bit further along, but
don't expect that for a while.

"I will tell you things that will make you laugh and uncomfortable and really
fucking angry and that no one else is telling you.  What I won't do is bullshit
you.  I'm here for the same thing you are.  The Truth." -Transmetropolitan #39