wxPython: Procedural or OOPS? installation woes etc...

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sat Apr 7 17:49:24 EDT 2001

"Rick Lee" <rwklee at home.com> wrote in message
news:3ACE82B9.849BF9B9 at home.com...
> I think understand "event-driven".  Could you explain what is meant by
> "linear-monilithic", presumably in Tkinter.
>
> - Rick

Nothing to do with Tkinter: a linear-monolithic program is one which is
written as large chunks of code which execute sequentially, as opposed to
the typical GUI style where small chunks of code (the callbacks) are
executed in response to user-generated events at the interface.

I also call that style "we ask the questions (WATQ (tm))" because typically
the program asks for data, computes a bit, asks for more data, and so on. In
event-driven programs the execution sequence of the code is directed by the
user, whereas with WATQ (tm) it's controlled pretty much by the programmer.

Sorry I didn't make this clearer.

regards
 Steve