Python compiler?

Fernando Rodríguez spamers at must.die
Thu Apr 19 15:46:47 EDT 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:35:56 GMT, "news-server.columbus.rr.com"
<antediluvianistic at columbus.rr.com> wrote:

>Has everyone contemplated upon creating a python 'compiler',  which can
>produce a self-contained binary executable?  (for when speed is an absolute
>neccessity)  ..or does such a thing exist already?  I'd love to give game
>development in Photon a run,  and feel that it's simply not fast enough to
>perform some operations.

AFAIK, nobody has yet written a python compiler.  Maybe porting the code that
runs those operations to C would be enough?  Another alternative would be to
use Common Lisp. It's a similar language that usually comes with an optimizing
compiler. Here is a comparison: http://www.norvig.com/python-lisp.html

//	Fernando Rodriguez Romero
//
//	frr at mindless dot com