OOT: real-world Smalltalk applications?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Apr 3 12:10:42 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.986289077.12940.python-list at python.org>, Steven Haryanto wrote:

>AFAIK, Smalltalk is a mature OO language that has inspired
>many other languages. But I look for a while on the Web
>and have so far spotted nearly... one. Okay, I haven't
>been looking that much. (Compare with Python's list of
>famous users: Google, Infoseek, Yahoo!, eGroups, ...)
>
>Is Smalltalk never used much anymore these days?

I know it's used for some large-scale business apps.  IIRC,
Cargill uses it for some big internal stuff.  I've always had a
fondness for Smalltalk -- it was the first OO language I
learned. 15 years ago I thought Digitalk Smalltalk on an 8MHz
80268 was the about coolest thing I'd ever seen.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm in LOVE with
                                  at               DON KNOTTS!!