ActiveState PPM probs

Tim H thamza.nospam at mailroom.com
Fri Apr 20 04:54:56 EDT 2001

Wow, ppm looks pretty cool.  This is the first I've heard of this, probably
been in a cave.  Is this new?  Should this be in the official distro?

Anyway just installed y'alls (ActiveState) Python 2.1 on Win98 and fired up
ppm and did install PIL.  There is a PIL directory with only a readme and a
scripts folder.  I know there should be way more than that in there.
Importing PIL fails (there is a PIL.pth) no matter how its spelled.
'ppm>verify pil' indicates PIL is up to date.  Also did a full search and
some of the available packages are not up to date, specifically py2exe is at
0.2.5 I believe.

Besides the fact that it hits a perl script on the server end I'm fairly
excited about this.  Somebody who knows more should feel free to turn the
hose on me.