(begginer) issue with pickling class objects

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at digicool.com
Sun Apr 8 18:05:17 EDT 2001

  >> On a similar track, I would be happy to see a more general
  >> algorithm to implement persistence of complexe objects between
  >> runs.
  >>
  SH> I believe Andrew Kuchling's ZODB implementation, as used in
  SH> ZOPE, might be of interest to you. Andrew recently broke out a
  SH> separate implementation, which I understand will be sync'ed with
  SH> ZOPE for releases, but now also has an independent existence.

  SH> Take a look at

  SH>     http://zodb.sourceforge.net/

  SH> and the linked documentation to see if it better meets your
  SH> needs.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to say, so I imagine
other may also be confused.  Andrew has packaged the ZODB code from
Zope for use without Zope.  It is not a separate implementation; it's
just a different package (and an immensely useful on at that).  It's
such a good idea that we (DC/PythonLabs) are working on a
StandaloneZODB package that will always reflect the latest changes
in the Zope CVS tree.

Jeremy