OT - Closing Off An Open-Source Product

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Thu Apr 12 13:07:45 EDT 2001

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in message
news:vodB6.6850$4N4.1487690 at newsc.telia.net...
> what if "hackers" working for a big GPL guy takes your non-GPL'd open
> source code, makes a usually trivial change, and instead of contributing
> the change back to the original author, they redistribute the result as
> their own code, under GPL?
>
> has happened to me many times...

If I ever release something as open source, I'll probably use an anti-GPL
license:

- You may release derivative works in binary form under any license.
- If you choose to release a derivative work in source code form, all source
files that include part of my original code must be released under this (and
no other) license.

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com