ActiveState going the wrong way

bowman bowman at montana.com
Tue Apr 10 00:24:43 EDT 2001

"Costas Menico" <costas at meezon.com> wrote in message
news:3ad259bc.4612388 at News.CIS.DFN.DE...
> one is going to program in Python and Perl at the same time. Most
> people choose a language and stay with it.

I regularly switch hit between the two, depending on the phase of the moon.

> An IDE that tries to accomodate multiple languages is a poor IDE.

In general, my idea of an IDE is gVim. However, to give the devil his due,
the MS IDE can accomodate several languages while providing a common set of
tools. Part of the reason I stick to gVim is the seamless support for just
about any language I choose to work with. True, it is just an editor and not
a IDE, but if I go to the trouble of learning my way around an IDE, I
certainly would want it to support all the languages I customarily use.