wxPython on Win98 - install help needed

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Wed Apr 11 16:27:02 EDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 12:48:40PM -0700, Randy Wolfe wrote:
| Trying to get wxPython 2.2  going on my Win98 box.. I have successfully

Do you need to build from source?  It is usually easier to use
prebuilt binaries.  The wxPython installer has wxMSW included with it.

| I have moved wxPython to c:\Python21\wxPython to hopefully satisfy path
| issues
|
| Problem is this: wxPython demo.py will not run from
| c:\python21\wxpython\demo (can't find wxPython.wx, can't import wxc).
|
| Is there a specific tree or path structure required for Python, wxPython,
| and wxWindows? The compiler instructions for the bcc55 are:

Yes.  "wxPython" is the package.  Case matters, but windows isn't
helpful about it.  Also, I don't think putting it in c:\python21 will
help.  Try putting the wxPython directory in c:\pyhon21\Lib.  Or just
add <path to wxPython dir> to PYTHONPATH or make a .pth file in
c:\python21 that has <path to wxPython dir> on a line.

On this system (a win2k box) I have  (using cygwin, //d is d:, ls is
like dir, cat displays the contents of a file)

$ pwd
//d/apps/Python20

$ ls *.pth
other_packages.pth