Building 2.X from CVS

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Tue Apr 24 20:14:17 EDT 2001

[Courageous]
> I'm building 2.X from CVS using the PCbuild directory (on Windows 2K).
> I'm having trouble loading an external-C module despite of having my
> PYTHONPATH appropriately set. Python's not finding my module.

If everything were appropriately set, you wouldn't be having trouble.  So we
either need more information (like from where are you executing Python, where
does your module live in the directory tree, what is its name, exactly what
do you type to *try* to import it, and exactly what happens when you do
that?); or, better, you build the example in the PC\example_nt directory,
following the directions in PC\example_nt\readme.txt, then compare what you
did with what that does until finding the relevant difference(s).

> I've never built Python before. Glancing through the code, it
> appears there may be several compiler defines to set... or not?
>
> Any tips?

The purpose of the example_nt directory is to guide you through the process,
so work thru that first.