Python Books for 2002

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 4 17:05:18 EDT 2001

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote:

> * "Text Processing in Python", covering regular expressions, parsing,
>   and XML processing.  (Maybe in my copious free time, someday...)

I know that Lars Marius Garsholt has a great book on XML and Python
in preparation - should appear soon.

> * Books on the Qt and GTk+ Python interfaces would also be good;
>   without such books, it seems unlikely that anything will displace
>   Tkinter as the standard Python GUI.  (With such books, Tkinter is
>   still in the lead because of its portability, but they'd even things
>   out a bit.)

I'm currently writing a book on PyQt for Opendocs - things are progressing
quite nicely, at the rate of about one chapter drafted every week. This
week it'll be either Theming or String Intricacies... With the release
of BlackAdder I feel that PyQt is quite portable. If I had access to a
Mac with OS X, I think I could get PyQt running there, too ;-).

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org