Curl, the language/environment/markup language...(Spanish Civil War)...

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 5 20:25:24 EDT 2001

www.curl.com is the new website that I think just went up last Friday.
Curl Corporation is a new MIT inspired outfit whose owners includes Tim
Berners-Lee and Michael Dertoutzos (sp??) . I went there and I find it
interesting, I wonder if anyone else has checked it out. If so, what do
you think???

If you click on developers, then on discussion forums, you will see that
I am their primary poster ;-))) and I ask such questions as, what can
curl do that python can't??? ;-))0

Curl is a markup language, programming language (it's named after the
curly braces), and you can download a client engine that compiles and
runs curl code on the client. The main use is for graphics, to speed up
execution of graphics over the web, I guess. The idea seems good to me.
But while it is free for personal use, a company must negotiate and pay
fees to Curl Corp. based on bytes of curl code downloaded or some such
stuff...Anyway, some folks have put an awful lot of work into creating
this new language and environment and the associated tools...

OK, Pythonistas, should we start a Spanish Civil War over curly
braces??? Just kidding, I think, I havew just wanted to use that
"Spanish Civl War" line ever since I became a Pythonista...;-))))

Ron Stephens