In the Absence of a GoTo Statement: Newbie needs menu-launcher to choose amongst sub-programs

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 13 23:05:02 EDT 2001

Hmm, thanks! But now I worry myself, if "GoTo" was good enough for Donald
Knuth...then why isn't it good enough for me??? And, is it therefore possible that
the whole crusade against "goto" is just an irrational fad??/ Are we persecuting
ourselves for no good reason??? Will future generations of computer users, in the
year 3000 A.D., look back and view our forswearing of the most usefull "goto"
statement, as equivalent to how we view Islamic folks beating themselves with whips
in a religious frenzy???

Inquiring (and besotted) minds want to know...